12 by 2012

Welp, we had fun at the St. Vincent show last Friday but it seems I came home with a little party favor- a bad cold :( I have been down for the count the last couple days, but am feeling a little better today and wanted to pop in and say hello!
1212mainbanner
Yesterday I came across this 12 by 2012 goal project on Oh Hello Friend (I discovered it on Indie Pretty Projects) and thought it'd be good motivation to get some stuff done. I have a heckuva lot of housey and work related goals that get pushed to the back-burner dealing with everyday stuff, so it seems like a good opportunity to make some of those goals more of a priority.

Nothing like public declaraion to light the fire under one's lazy bootay, so here goes-

1. go thru our closets and donate all the clothes we don't wear any longer
  2. make a serious dent in the pile of boxes that is our garage
  3. buy a new range (aka: use those gift cards!)
  4. defrost the freezer in our 50's fridge, for real (ugh)
  5. go to at least 5 more studio yoga classes (aka: use those  groupons!)
  6. plant a new tree in the backyard
  7. get my first e-book out into the world
  8. get missmodish.com site updated with re-design
  9. open Maven Circle up for registration
  10. create/make/paint some Christmas cards/gifts
  11. go back to see Miss Renee, the psychic that totally rocked my world (more about that someday)
  12. get out of town with the mister to somewhere we've never been before

Hmm, how many days left til 2012?! We'll see how far I can get! I'll blog about my progress, of course.

What are some things you hope to accomplish before the end of the year? It's comin' mighty quick!

13 Comments

1. lol, i *just* clicked on your link to this via twitter and noticed you left a comment on my blog about it, too :)
    cheers to goal, donating, and handmade awesome. i’m going to try to make at least 50% of my gifts this year by hand, we’ll see how that goes and see if the recipients like them. good luck to you!

2. Wow, so ambitious! I laughed when I got to #4. I just did my big annual defrost last week! Ugh is right.

3. This is inspiring. And you had me at #1 with the closets. That has been on my list for months(years)!!
    Thanks for sharing yours… gonna go write down my own!

4. Neat! Hello, ebook? Do tell more … sounds exciting.

5. Great list! I’m definitely going to write my own. May I join you for #10?;)

6. oooh this is such a great idea. great list. i’d love to join!

7. You’ve inspired me to get started on my own Twelve by 2012 — thanks, it is just what I need right now!

8. yay, can’t wait for #4!!! :(

9. Just found your blog through 20×2012… totally love it! I can’t wait to see the outcome of your list, especially #s 6, 9, and 10. Good luck!

10. YOU GO GIRL! this is ambitious and wonderful!

11. hey Jena!
    I’ve been reading through your blog and thoroughly enjoying its new content.
    I just read your more recent post about seeing a psychic and then I came across this one about Miss Renee- I just saw her too! and wow, it was a wonderful experience. I’m so happy to hear that you were able to get so much out of yours as well- yay!
    I wish you the best in your goals and want to thank you for your constant inspiration!
    Amy